Use of "Duplicate/Multiple Weapons"

JMHammer

Question

In CCK, the Warmachine villain Warbird has an 8d6 EB, Ex (OIF: Battlesuit, 8 charges). He also has a second explosion-blaster, identical to the first, which he purchased for 5 points.

I assume this means he can either fire one at a time, getting 16 individual shots before running out of ammo; or use them together in multiple-power attacks. Question 1: Is this assumption correct? (Just as a comment, this appears to be a very inexpensive, possible abusive, way to get more charges and/or create the ability to perform multiple-power attacks. On the other hand, it is consistent with many powers, such as Summon, that have effect doublings for 5 points.)

Question 2: Is this a normal rule?

Question 3: If it is a normal rule can any character purchase a second copy of a weapon like this?

Question 4: I know that there is a page somewhere in FREd that permits this, but was this the intended use of that rule?

Next, the hero Shugoshin in CU has two swords, the second of which is purchased with this 5-point rule. However, Shugoshin's ghost-cutting power - technically, the ghost-cutting power of the sword - is purchased twice, once for each sword. Which brings me to Question 5: Should the ghost-cutting power have been purchased just once, for one of the swords, and then assumed for the other sword as part of the 5-point duplication rule?

Finally, Question 6: Can this 5-point duplicate power / duplicate weapon rule be used for "innate" powers or is it only for those based on foci such as guns and other weapons?

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions. I'm impressed that you respond to multiple questions every day and appreciate this willingness to interact with your customers.

John H

1 answer to this question