Follow-up on 5E 309

JMHammer

Question

Steve Long wrote:

The rule is on 5E 309; it only applies to equipment. As multiple pieces of equipment, such weapons could be used for Two-Weapon Fighting, multiple-Power attacks, or the like. Shugoshin's character sheet is correct.

I don't understand the part regarding Shugoshin's ghost-cutting powers being purchased correctly as published. If a weapon can be duplicated for only 5 points, why isn't the Ghost-Cutting power purchased as part of "building" one of the swords and then the second sword purchased, with all powers built into the first, for 5 points?

Is this the correct interpretation?

---

The swords themselves, if picked up and used by someone else, wouldn't have these powers - they'd just have their base 1d6 HKA. This is because the Ghost-Cutting powers are innate to the character although he can only use it when wielding both swords. And because they're innate powers, he can't purchase the naked advantage with the 5-point gadget doubling rule (nor would he want to since it only costs 3...).

---

Also, it seems to me that having to have two different foci on hand in order to use a power is more limiting than having to have only one focus on hand. Are there any cases where this would be worth an extra bonus? If so, please give an example.

Thanks for responding to my questions, Steve! Forgive me if this request for followup shouldn't have been posted in this section.

John H

1 answer to this question