Skills buying no characteristics

JmOz

More of a suggested change in the rules on how to change skill buying

For 1 point you get a skill on an 8-

for 2 points you get a skill on an 11-

for 3 points you get a skill based on a characteristic or 11 whichever is greater

+2 ppoints per Char+1

ok this looks remarkably similar to the current system, and it should but lets take accrobatics as are example

Actobatics +0

If you are asked who was the winner of the 1992 olympics in uneven bars you would roll your accrobatics based on your INT stat

If you were to be asked to do a routine that the GM determines is str based it would be based on your str

Admitidly it would normaly work based off of Dex, and in each skill description there would be the most common characteristic

Re: Skills buying no characteristics

Hmmmm' date=' kinda bundles a KS in with the skill along with allowing flexability in the stat used for determining the target roll. I like it but I can already 'hear' players asking to apply Limitations to their bonuses to the skill Only for Physical Display or something similar.[/quote']

You know I had not thought of it, but with this system we could group all of the Background skills (SS, PS, KS) into a single background skill for the times when one of the normal skills fo not work. It would also bundle the skill with appropriate science and/or PS