Mind Control vs. set of things

Johannes

I am currently building a mind control that only affects animals. But i remembered a recent thread here: "Controlling machines"

It is said there that a "Machine Class of Minds" exists. I couldnt find it in H5threv. Reading the Mind control section left me clueless.

This posting is about tree things:

Wich sets of things are there?

Does a normal mind conrol work against animals?

Are there examples or guidelines for "mc vs set" in the heroes book?

Re: Mind Control vs. set of things

I am currently building a mind control that only affects animals. But i remembered a recent thread here: "Controlling machines"

It is said there that a "Machine Class of Minds" exists. I couldnt find it in H5threv. Reading the Mind control section left me clueless.

This posting is about tree things:

Wich sets of things are there?

Does a normal mind conrol work against animals?

Are there examples or guidelines for "mc vs set" in the heroes book?

Classes of Minds is at the beginning of the Powers Section where it talks about the Mental Powers. Basically, the assumed default of the rules is that Mental Powers without an adventage only works one one class of mind. The given classes of minds are human, animal, machine and alien.

The general reading of that passage is that those four classes are the default, and published characters do seem to follow that reasoning.

I've always read those classes as being example and each GM should define the classes of minds as appropriate for their campaign, and that they can number from 1 (mental powers effect all things equally) to infinite.

Re: Mind Control vs. set of things

Caris has the right of it from the book, and examples in Hero settings.

I also agree with him that Classes Of Minds is something that should be defined from Campaign to Campaign, for instance the Terran Empire defines all aliens as the Human Class for the settings Psionics, leaving Alien for things truly different.