Flying Dodge

Kdansky

Question

As in this thread: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61572 about Flying Dodge.

A couple of questions have come up:

1. Theoretically it would be allowed to do a half move, then use the other half phase to do a FD (flying dodge), moving another full move. That would result in being able to move at 1.5 combat speed (but instead of having halved DCV due to NCS, we end up with +4). I assume that is not possible and one can move one full move tops in one phase. Clarify?

2. If I abort to FD, can I still do this full/half move? Or do I only get the 4 DCV? As pointed out on page 5 (?) this is ambigously worded. We need more lawyers! (did I really just say that?)

These are "are you serious?" questions ;)

3. If I FD away from a HTH attacker, will he really miss 100%? Is he not allowed to roll the attack (vs DCV+4)?

4. If I FD out of an AoE, I don't have to Dex roll (like Dive for cover)? And I don't end up prone (like DfC)?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate your effort.

1 answer to this question

Re: Flying Dodge

1. A character can’t make more than a Full Move when using Flying Dodge. If he’s already made a Half Move then he’s restricted to just another Half Move during his Flying Dodge; if his first Half Move was less than 50% of his inches of movement, then with Flying Dodge he can move up to however many inches it takes for him to make a Full Move.

2. See page 88 of the HS Combat Handbook, or check the Rules FAQ.

3. Typically, yes, that’s exactly what happens. As always, the GM’s there to adjudicate unusual situations where he feels the standard rule might not apply.

4. Yes, that’s correct.