Anyone have stats for a D&D3.5 style pegasus?

Flute

Our GM changed our Thieves World campaign over from D&D 3.5 to the HERO system. Overall the change has been great in terms of depth of the game, particularly as the characters are much richer and less prone to charging into combat without thinking about it first.

But the change leaves me with a question: anyone have HERO stats for a D&D 3.5 style pegasus?

I have noticed the dragons appearing from Shadowcat's contributions on Killershrike's site, but have yet to track down a pegasus. (p.s. I don't have the HERO designer).

Re: Anyone have stats for a D&D3.5 style pegasus?

welcome! and if i remember correctly, there is a pegasus in the HERO System Bestiary (which is one of the must own books when playing Fantasy HERO, imo) but looking at the Monster Manual this is what i come up with (mind up, its late and i don't feel like doing math, so you can add this stuff up on your own)

Pegasus
----------------
STR  18
DEX  15    DCV 5    OCV 5
CON  16
BODY 12
INT  10    PER 11-
EGO  13    ECV 4
PRE  13
COM  10

+6" Running
24" Flight Reduced END (1/2 END);Physical Manifestation, Restrainable,
Nightvision
[b]Hooves[/b] HKA 1d6
[b]Bite[/b] HKA 1/2d6
Detect Good/Evil (Single Thing) 11-
+4 Enhanced Perception with Sight and Hearing Groups

Persuasion 8-
Riding 12- (Only to Compliment Rider's Riding Roll, -1/2)

that should get you most of the way there. like i said, its just a quick overview, looking at the Monster Manual entry, off the top of my head. hope it helps.

the DnD pegasus is indeed mostly a horse with wings, although the OP obviously doesn't have the Bestiary (which has the horse entries in it) because it also has a pegasus in it.

however, the DnD pegasus does have a few special powers (like the Detect Evil spell-like ability) which i'm fairly sure is not in the Bestiary (plus, i believe the Bestiary version is far less intelligent than the DnD pegasus, which can comprehend speech and the whole 9 yards).

i'm not sure how close their conversion game is, so i went for a straight conversion.

Got it in one Enternal_sage. I had considered adding wings to the light warhorse on p 454 of the core rule book, but that leads to ... a warhorse with wings, rather than a pegasus.

It is the few special powers and intelligence that makes the D&D3.5 style pegasus much more interesting to play with, but at the same time it's not a creature thats so devastating in combat that it is seriously unbalancing.

In terms of conversion, it was continuing the style and story, but characters were remade using the HERO rules following ideas, not exact class conversions. The result was very much still a D&D party "feel" , the mage is a mage still (with magic missile!), the rouges are definitely rogues (sneak attack included), and my healer went from a druid to a paladin/priest, mainly because in the 3.5 game the party had taken to wanting to take my wolf animal companion along and leave me at home, because the wolf hit things but I never could.

So far (10 sessions in) the pegasus actually has been the D&D3.5 pegasus, literally. It's also never been in an actual fight, although it has been quite effective in scaring away superstitious commoners and generally being a very interesting addition to the game. The way the story is unfolding it seems almost inevitable that someone is going to try to kidnap the poor thing, so my GM happily mentioned that I should find stats for one, which led me ... here :)