Statting Out Minor Enemies

Akiva

Re: Statting Out Minor Enemies

More specifically, its totally fine to just assume average stats, and only write down significant variations. So...I might note down an unimportant baddy as:

+5 STR

+4 DEX

+1 OCV w/ Swords and Spears

+1" Run

+5 STUN

30 points

And if that looks kind of like a Package to you, its an easy mental leap to realize that I often do just that -- typically Ill take a Race Package plus a Profession Package -- the abilities listed plus basic gear constitutes the entire write up for unimportant / stock NPC's. I'll just aggregate all bonuses and penalties so Im working with full numbers and go from there.

Works very well with a little mental practice of remembering what base is and modifying on the fly.

Re: Statting Out Minor Enemies

Those are some great ideas. I hope to eventually build up a a little portfolio of pre-gen minor opponents. I even had an idea of using standard-issue index cards and one of those little containers normally used for recipes. I know I could use a computer for this, and I do keep a laptop open during my sessions, but I'm still old-fashioned enough to still do most in-game tracking by hand on a yellow legal pad.