What is the present?

SirViss

Question

Hello Steve,

I was just wondering when "Time Modifiers" started to apply to reduce the skill roll on a Precog Clairsentience, if it had the appropriate limitation? I know the description of the limitation says that the RSR is at -2 for every step down the time chart after the present, but does that mean the=at "seeing" something that is going to happen next segment is at -2?

Mostly, I am looking into what it would mean if a player of mine had "Weather Eye" from the USPD (p.253). Telling what the weather is going to be like next minute is pretty easy, generally... :D

1 answer to this question

The Time Modifiers apply just as indicated in the Time Chart. The character uses his power in one of his Phases. Anything 1 Turn from then is at -2, 1 Minute from then is at -4, and so on.

If deciding what the weather will be like a minute from now is so easy, characters certainly don't need to waste their time using a power to figure it out. Common sense tells us that a power like Weather Eye is generally only going to be needed to predict an event in the relatively distant future -- hours, or more, from the present.