Thundertusk Boar Strike

badger3k

Well, after getting distracted with both Star Wars and Traveller Hero (Comstar), as well as reading an old Megatraveller adventure that sounds cool to run, I've tried to do some more conversions. For many of them, they do not really have the flavor that I am looking for, but this one is interesting. The character has to be wielding two weapons and strike at the target with both. It pushes the target back one square for each hit, more if both hit.

I didn't want to reuse the shifting mechanic I used before, but went more with the spirit and made it a naked advantage "Does Knockback". The construction that I made is:

Thundertusk Boar Strike: Does Knockback (+1/4) for up to 60 Active Points of HKA (15 Active Points); OIF (Weapon of Opportunity; -1/2), Requires A Fighting Tricks Roll (-1/2), Requires Two Weapons (-1/4) Real Cost: 7.

Several questions come to mind:

1) can the NA be set to "two-weapon attack" (I didn't like this, instead made it a limitation)?

2) can a NA apply to two attacks in one phase (another way to phrase it is two uses of the power in one phase)?

3) does the NA have to cover the active points of both? This would make it cover 120 points (I use a 60 active point which covers most weapons).

I've never done one this way, and any input would be appreciated.

Re: Thundertusk Boar Strike

FYI anybody interested, it's not technically wrong to apply it to both attacks, but it's one of those things to watch. To head that off at the pass, I set it up to cover the combined total:

Thundertusk Boar Strike: Does Knockback (+1/4) for up to 120 Active Points of HKA (30 Active Points); OIF (Weapon of Opportunity; -1/2), Requires A Fighting Tricks Roll (-1/2), Requires Two Weapons (-1/4) Real Cost: 13

Re: Thundertusk Boar Strike

Is this a conversion from D&D or The Malazan Book of the Fallen?

Reminds me of how The Grey Swords mistook Gruntle as one of Fener's own when he was actuall the Mortal Sword of Treach.

It's out of the 4e PHB. I've never heard of the other. What is that?