Shields and Off-Hand Weapons

Paragon

Question

Actually two, only marginally related questions, but I figure why clutter the forum with multiple posts.

1. This may just be confusion on our part, but does it require anything special to use a weapon off hand in terms of Familiarity (I know the DCV bonus "Off-hand WF" but that's obviously something different). In other words, If you use, say, a war fan in each hand, does the one in your off hand take any additional penalties beyond the usual for those without ambidexterity.

2. I've searched for this looking under "shield" in the forum, but I'm not finding anything.

If I understand correctly, one of the things that being stunned does is lose you the benefit of DCV levels (as compared to being suprised in combat, which appears to just halve everything in DCV but still allows you to use them). Since shields are basically DCV levels on a focus, do you lose the benefit of that when stunned, too?

1 answer to this question

Re: Shields and Off-Hand Weapons

1. Listed under Combat Modifiers is the Off-Hand penalty for using a weapon. Buying Ambidexterity or some other things can partly or fully counteract this.

2. Yes, DCV Levels from a shield would be lost in any circumstance in which personal DCV Levels would be lost, unless the GM rules otherwise for some reason.