stats for common Construction Equipment

Rebar

• 2 weeks later...

Re: stats for common Construction Equipment

Front-end loaders can vary from 30 STR (12 hp) to 48 STR (180 hp). The standard yellow bulldozer is probably 48 STR.

Steamrollers have a 44,000 lb roller which works out to 50 STR, so if some poor hero gets steamrollered, he's going to probably take 10 normal dice of being smooched. I tend to think of it as a haymaker, (avoidance is normally easy) so 14 normal dice. If you do hit locations, head becomes the major target.

So, my very off the cuff calculation puts them all somewhere between 30 and 50 STR depending on the size that you need to get the job done. If they are using sharp, fast-moving blades that works out to say 2d6K to 3d6K+1, possibly 4d6K if they are slow moving with a lot of torque (haymaker).

Concrete is an 6 DEF, 5 BODY entangle. A concrete pump can fill an entire hex with concrete in roughly 3 turns (200 cubic yards per hour) making a slow deathtrap.

Does that help?

Re: stats for common Construction Equipment

Very much thank you!

And much like what I was thinking too. 40-50pts in normal and KA attacks.

I'm trying to figure out DEX and SPD too. Realistically, construction equipment won't have much of either (maybe 15 and 3 or 4). I figure they'll make up for it with area attacks.

The concrete pump I figured was more effective as an EB:Ph double Knockback.

How might one handle a sweeping spray? Might I spread the damage over several segments and multiple hexes? Maybe I'll make creative use of the 'gradual' limitation...