Unrelated Questions: Innate and Naked Advantage

lapsedgamer

OK. I'm resurrecting my old Iron Fist clone from my early days of Champions gaming. Back in the day, I built him with a No Range, AP Energy Blast with an Activation Roll. However, nowadays there are other options.

I am considering just buying AP as a Naked Modifier on his max possible damage with his Martial Arts Stike maneuvers. He has a max DC of 10, so I'm thinking I should buy the AP on 50 Active Points, with the Activation Roll as a limitation to the naked Modifier cost. I believe it is legal to do it that way. Would that give you pause as a GM?

Second question: I want to build a character who has natural claws. I buy HKA with no focus modifier. Would it make any sense to buy Inherent on the HKA? Are there any regular circumstance where this would come up in play. Could his HKA be drained or removed? I could only think of one circumstance, and it would basically be GM's fiat, with the power coming back after the adventure. Would anything short of a Major Transform take the power away for an extended period of time if it was bought without Innate? Why waste the points?

EDIT: The actual advantage is Inherent, but I guess folks know what I mean.

Thanks.