Critique of Nearly Normal Colosus

Psylint

Re: Critiqe of Nearly Normal Colosus

Here's a link to a version of the character I posted last year.

I would advise against using Density Increase or Growth in the build as he doesn't have any fine control of those abilities (he can't just use 5 active points of them or 'push' them).

Also, it may be worth noting an often ignored quirk about this type of character construction.

Per the rules for Stunning,

from 5er page 410:

Stunning

At the end of the Segment, any of his Powers that aren’t Persistent, and any Skill Levels of any type, turn off .

Looking back, even my version of the character would 'revert' from being Stunned (not just being Knocked Out). Adding the Persistent Advantage to the core defensive powers would solve the Stunning issue though.

Re: Critiqe of Nearly Normal Colosus

You've calculated the EC Powers' costs wrong, and forgot to account for the EC pool.

What EC?

He made a List within Hero Designer and assigned a common Limitation to everything in it:

Metal Body, all slots Conditional Power Power does not work in Uncommon Circumstances (Linked with DI; -1/4)

Anyway, the Elemental Control Framework is going away in 6th Edition and is being replaced by a 'Drain 1 Drain All' Limitation probably valued at (-1/4) that when used will display almost exactly the way used here.