Conserved Charges (Heroglyphs 16)

Hierax

Question

I'm looking at expanding the variety of uses of Charges and was looking at your Heroglyphs #16 article, specifically Conserved Charges. I like it as it provides an option sort of like Activation for Charges.

But it doesn't quite make sense as is -- are the values in the table backwards? Or should the text say "conserved" instead of "consumed"?

"if he rolls less than or equal to that number, a Charge is consumed"

Roll Reduction in Value

14- 3/4 less Limitation

11- 1/2 less Limitation

8- 1/4 less Limitation

It seems like the baseline should be 18- for -0 since the charge would always be consumed (as it is for regular charges) and the lower the value of the roll the less the Limitation if consumed is meant (14- is ~90% consumed so it's closer to -0, and 8- ~25% consumed so it's farther from -0).

So, is the table correct or the text?

P.S. great work on all the 6th ed. stuff shown so far! I hope a lot more cool options like you did in Heroglyphs make it into the game or the Advanced book.

1 answer to this question

Re: Conserved Charges (Heroglyphs 16)

I don't have time to analyze it in full right now, but I think I may've flipped the values, with the lower roll needing a greater reduction in the Limitation value because you're less likely to use a Charge. I'll give it some more thought when I get to that part of the APG. ;)