Mental Entangle

Sean Waters

Re: Mental Entangle

The principle I work to when considering 'balance' with attack powers is that it should take about 3 or 4 successful attacks to defeat an opponent, assuming that the opponent does not recover between attacks. Each recovery should require an additional successful attack at most,

That is how it works for physical combat, mostly.

Mental combat is all or nothingish BUT the breakout roll means only about 1 in 3 attacks actually work, for the really useful levels of effect.

Entangle is a problem because it is all or nothing with very little additional effect from repeated application.

Anyway - the 'recover from every drain' rule has things to recommend it and causes problems.

The main 'advantage' of the rule is that, as you can not buy a power to change your personal fade rate, which is fixed (at 5 per turn or less), it means you can have a 'useful' recovery in combat (unless the fade rate is adjusted) .

The problem is bookkeeping. I think that one speaks for itself :)

I do like FQA though - haven't heard that one before :)