Followup: 6E: Deadly Blow vs. Weaponmaster vs. Limited Damage

grump

Question

Okay, let's ignore the design philosophy aspect and concentrate on the mechanics. In Hero, the more points you spend on something, the more effective that something becomes; if I have an attack and I spend the points on the AVAD advantage, I gain effectiveness by virtue of being able to apply more of my effect roll to my target, most of the time.

Now, 1d6K is 15 points, and the top-tier Weaponmaster talent (which adds 1d6K) is 24 points. The Weaponmaster talent also has builtin limitations that the straight damage doesn't; it requires that the character have a weapon to wield, and that weapon must be of an appropriate type (HTH vs. Ranged, must have the Real Weapon lim, etc.) Clearly, there must be some additional effectiveness built into the Weaponmaster talent to compensate, but I've read through it a few times now, and I'm not seeing it. Could you direct me to the relevant passage in either of the first two PDFs that says what bang my players are getting for their 9 character points of buck?

1 answer to this question

Re: Followup: 6E: Deadly Blow vs. Weaponmaster vs. Limited Damage

You're still asking design/philosophy questions. "Why does A cost X and B cost Y?" is the very definition of a design/philosophy question. I'm sorry, but I just can't answer those types of questions; it's a slippery slope leading to nothing but trouble.