FRED: Endurance Costing Multiform

shadowmage87

Question

I want to create a multi-form such that it costs END to switch forms, but not the full END the power's AP would suggest. So, basically, as nearly as I can figure it, that requires me to 1) apply the Costs END Limitation, and 2) apply the Reduced END Advantage. But you have to take advantages before you take limitations.

So is this possible? If so, how do I price it? The two ways I could see it working are:

(AP*(1+.25))/(1+.5) if you just take the Reduced END first or

(AP/(1+.5))*(1+.25) if you take the limitation is taken first (which logically you would have to, because how do you Reduce 0 END?) and you cycle back around to the advantage again?

This actually matters because in more than one of my characters it changes point scores due to rounding.

Ultimately, the big question is, "Can this be done without a house rule?"

1 answer to this question

Re: FRED: Endurance Costing Multiform

What you're doing the way you're doing it is illegal; you can't apply both Costs Endurance and Reduced Endurance to the same power. You could perhaps convince your GM to cook up a slightly modified version of the special Costs Endurance Limitation on 5ER 214, but there's no by-the-book provision in that rule for less than full END cost.