Cyberspace/Matrix Persona as Vehicle

prestidigitator

I've seen many suggestions about representing a character's presence in "The Matrix/Cyberspace". Usually they involve Multiform, Duplication, Extra-Dimensional Movement, or some Perk or other that's a bit of a hack. I just thought of another possibility though that I've never really seen mentioned before:

Treat the character's Matrix/Cyberspace persona+cyberdeck as a Vehicle (possibly with a built-in Computer with a mash of the Characteristics for both so that it can have Programs and such). Matrix-related Systems Operations take the normal role Systems Operation would for a Vehicle. Computer Programming (or some other Skill as appropriate for the campaign) can take the place of Combat Piloting. The character risks direct damage once the Vehicle's defenses are overcome, as normal for Vehicles. Probably the usual idea of replacing physical Characteristics with mental/social ones would work, but again using the Vehicle rules, in a lot of cases the character is going to be limited by the capabilities of the persona/cyberdeck itself (the actual Characteristic of the Vehicle is the minimum of its own Characteristic and the character's relevant Characteristic--e.g. the effective "Dex" of the persona is the minimum of its Dex and the Character's Int or something).

The Vehicle could be built with EDM, but since the Vehicle has absolutely no use in the real world, I don't think it's really necessary.

Ideas? Suggestions? GO! ;)

Re: Cyberspace/Matrix Persona as Vehicle

Good question. Hmm. I was thinking powers of the Vehicle. Or maybe it would still be good to separate a Vehicle and a Computer, rather than having one character sheet with the Characteristics of both. Hmm.. The Computer part of it could act as the functional software/logic, and the Vehicle part could be the more "physical" characteristics that the cyberdeck itself grants....