Cannot Recombine Duplicants

Naanomi

Question

A few questions about Duplicants who 'Cannot Recombine'. The specific character is about a pair of 'one mind, two bodies' twins... but the questions are general.

1) Are they inherently 'Inherent'? If not, what the heck happens when your duplication is 'dispelled' or 'suppressed' or whatever? Or Aided for that matter...

2) Are they inherently 'costs no END'? Since... well... you never really 'create' it in the first place, so when would the END be spent?

3) If, over time, the Duplicants develop separately... not in skills or stats, but lets say... they get two different Jobs, with different perks (Reputation, fringe benefits, etc), do they need to buy 'Altered Duplicants'?

1 answer to this question

Re: Cannot Recombine Duplicants

1. No they are not. Adjustment Powers and the like affect them according to the standard rules for those Powers. If you're thinking, "Wait, that makes no sense," what you are really thinking is, "OK, given the special effect I've conceived for this Duplication ability, I've got to buy Inherent for it to make it function the way I want it to under the rules." ;)

2. Duplication by definition doesn't cost END (see 6E1 198).

3. If separate Duplicates begin to diverge and develop separate abilities, then yes, the GM should require them to recost the power to pay for the Altered Duplicates Advantage. If they can't afford to pay for it at that time, the GM should require them to save all earned Experience Points until they can, and then require them to buy it... sort of like buying the Advantage on a mortgage, but without those pesky interest payments. ;)