Growth and Other Power Interaction

Naanomi

Question

If I have Growth (or am already large) and have a Damage Shield... do I need to buy up the 'area' covered by the Surface AoE to meet the 'demands' of my new surface area?

Also, if I have Growth (or Density Increase), and the Automaton Power 'Takes No Stun', do I divide the Defenses granted by 3 (and make them resistant, like one would do with their 'normal' defenses), or do I need to 'toolkit' the power apart, and remove or re-cost the defenses granted appropriately?

1 answer to this question

Re: Growth and Other Power Interaction

Good questions!

1. If a character is larger than normal, or can become larger than normal by using Growth, and he wants to have a Damage Shield that covers his entire body, he needs to buy the Area Of Effect (Surface) to cover his entire size; otherwise the Damage Shield only covers part of his body.

2. If a character has Growth and the Automaton Power Takes No STUN, divide the extra points of PD/ED gained from Growth by 3.

(Note: the text of your answer implies that you think that dividing the defenses by 3 automatically makes them Resistant. That is not the case, as stated on 6E1 293 -- if you want 'em Resistant, you gotta pay to make 'em Resistant. ;) Nor are Automatons' defenses in general automatically Resistant.)