Wyvern's Sting

Reyemile

So, I'm trying to build a Wyvern with a paralytic poison in it's stinger. (He's really a superhero with transformation powers, but that's neither here nor there)

The poison will be linked to the HKA of the stinger. First question: How much of a limitation would you rate "Requires the target to take damage from the Stinger"? (i.e. if the targets resistant defenses absorb all the damage from the stinger, the poison auto-fails) What about "Requires the target to take BODY from the stinger?"

Second, the poison will be a Drain versus OCV, DCV, and maybe DEX depending on how the points work out. I don't want the drain to be versus Power Defense, but NND doesn't feel right. I'm trying to think of a good way to represent a poison that is hard to resist, but can be shaken off by tough enough characters without specific advantages or powers. Would it be balanced/reasonable to have the effect be resisted by CON? (i.e. subtract the targets CON stat from the result of the Drain roll) If so, would that constitute a Very Common, Common, or Uncommon defense for purposes of the Attack versus Alternate Defense advantage?

Re: Wyvern's Sting

The poison will be linked to the HKA of the stinger. First question: How much of a limitation would you rate "Requires the target to take damage from the Stinger"? (i.e. if the targets resistant defenses absorb all the damage from the stinger' date=' the poison auto-fails) What about "Requires the target to take BODY from the stinger?"[/quote']

Most stinger/poison injection attacks I've seen in Hero (including published ones), use a value of -1/2 for the limitation "HKA must do Body", so I would go that route. Since "Target must take damage from the stinger" is more general (assuming a single point of STUN damage is enough to allow the Poison effect), I would go with -1/4 or -0 (if the Stinger attack is particularly powerful and will almost always do some STUN, I would use -0).

Second, the poison will be a Drain versus OCV, DCV, and maybe DEX depending on how the points work out. I don't want the drain to be versus Power Defense, but NND doesn't feel right. I'm trying to think of a good way to represent a poison that is hard to resist, but can be shaken off by tough enough characters without specific advantages or powers. Would it be balanced/reasonable to have the effect be resisted by CON? (i.e. subtract the targets CON stat from the result of the Drain roll) If so, would that constitute a Very Common, Common, or Uncommon defense for purposes of the Attack versus Alternate Defense advantage?
I imagine you could do this, however, it will be tough to scale. If I allowed it, I would suggest Very Common for a Defense of CON, perhaps Common for CON/2, but this also depends on the relative power of the ability in the campaign.