Teleportation Gate ?sfor 6e

Shinobi Killfis

Question

Under the teleport power it describes making teleport gates. I really like the idea but I am a bit confused by how it works.

1. The AoE used was a radius, so is this a disk like I'd view a gate to be or a full radius effect, or either depending on special effect?

1A, if its the radius does the entire object to be teleported have to fit in at once or as long as 2 dimensions are able to fit it can drive through the gate?

1B if it is the radius, how would you make a disk you stepped through. I'd say AoE surface but I don't want it attached to a surface.

2. Usable by others self and 1 other. So only 2 people can go through the gate in the same phase?

3. Extra Mass is that Mass per phase or per object going through. For example if I have enough mass to transport a car can I line up and drive a bunch of cars through even though 5 of them might pass through the gate in a single phase.

1 answer to this question

Re: Teleportation Gate ?sfor 6e

1. It's a disk like you'd expect a Gate to be, and anyone or anything that's going to go through it has to be small enough to fit through it. Through of course you could use a larger Radius to make Gates for bigger people. ;)

2. A Gate has to be bought with some form of Usable On Others -- either Usable By Other or Usable Simultaneously (most often the latter). The value of the Advantage defines how many people can use the Gate at once; it's certainly possible (though rare) for someone to make a Gate that thousands of people could go through at a time (though that would require the Gate to be pretty large and to be able to handle a lot of Increased Mass).

3. The mass for a Gate defines the mass of any given person or object that can move through the Gate. It's not a per-Segment restriction, it's a per-person (or object) restriction.