Two Worlds - Divided Settings

jtelson

I'm finding that many of the setting ideas I've had of late are divided containing 2 (or more) worlds (In my head I say bifurcated but I've yet to convice me that that's an accurate use of the term). The easiest example of what I mean would be a cyberpunk type game where everyone was a netrunner and a significant portion of the game was spent netrunning but there are an increasing number of other setting ideas to where that sort of thing happens.

A time travel game where, while in the past, characters posses special abilities.

A Wuxia game where the characters pass back and forth between the 'real' modern world and a version of Jianghu where it's possible for them to have different abilities in each world.

A setting similar to The Matrix.

An 'It Came fron the Late Late Show' knockoff centered around 100 Nights and a Night rather than movies.

Hopefully you get the idea - So my question is has any one run this kind of setting, if so how did it play out, and did you/how did you model it in Hero. My thoughts on the subject range from simple (flat limit on single world abilities based on intention of usefullness) to complex (Multiform - different character in each world) but I'm curious what others have done or considered doing.