the marvels

ayinde

Okay I'm brain storming a new campaign called Marvels. The concept is the marvel universe but in the real world. Unlike the marvel 616 world all the exploits have been almost completely under public notice. Shied was established to monitor and control the US born meta- humans and counter act meta- human terrorist activity affecting US soil or interests one of there first agents was Steve Rogers. (notable changes Capt. Rogers went AWOL in 1949 in response to orders he could not Morally fallow )

so I want to see how this works in creation all established marvel characters begin there careers around there first publishing unless there a retcon were they start there actions at that point. If you want a established character in a later era the character must either be older of a legacy of the hero in question

don't feel bound to marvel characters if you like DC thats fine

for era brakes I'm thinking

men of mystery 1940's

-heroes of the great war

-globe trotting adventure

calm before the storm 1950's

-heroes are hunted and seen as a threat and must hide what they are

-monsters plague the countryside

new frontier 1960's

-first spike of new meta- humans in years

rise of the marvels 1970's

-no longer being hunted down but still live in fear of the hunters

war in shadows 1980's

-the line between human and meta human has been drawn

-gangs and civil unrest has reached new levels

stepping into a new world 1990

-

worlds stage 2000's

-

if this pans into something cool ill gladly run them on hero central

just a note

I use hero max rules

Re: the marvels

i kinda see the xmen as a 70's product there 60's run didn't take off after all i recast as a none super team just kids with powers being trained after the death of Xavier in 68 the school was disbanded. his estate was inherited by scott summers its a timeline fudge the way i see it if a book is canceled and isn't reconciled right away one has to go.

i kinda see the xmen as a 70's product there 60's run didn't take off after all i recast as a none super team just kids with powers being trained after the death of Xavier in 68 the school was disbanded. his estate was inherited by scott summers its a timeline fudge the way i see it if a book is canceled and isn't reconciled right away one has to go.

The original series went for 66 issues before new stories stopped being printed, and another 20+ before it was cancelled.

The Hulk went for 6 issues before his first series was cancelled. Mind you, his second series started only a year and a half or so after that.

Rocky starts aren't necessarily grounds for making decisions.

Of course, it's your world, so I can't and won't say you are wrong. On the other hand, removing the X-Men from the 60s leaves the Marvel universe rather bare, IMHO - basically just the FF, Avengers, Spidey, the Hulk and a few other solo characters like Dr Strange and Daredevil.

by skipping the rockies it staggers the characters a little more its not that there weren't any xmen they were just in training so any adventures they had also involved them have to sneak out so id just run them like teen champions (mutant powers kick in around 12-15 in most cases) in the 60's unless the concept had them as adults in which case they were past students who just kept ties with the prof.