Hero 6E Heroic Campaign NPCs, GM Opinions Appreciated

Hello folks, long-time lurker, very occasional poster here. Some background: I normally run Heroic-level campaigns with a strong emphasis on hashing out the details on generic NPCs. Starting to move into running a short-to-medium-length modern/near-future campaign centered around criminal organizations.

Due to change in points between 4E, 5E, 6E, I'm still wrapping my head around how many points to assign to non-named NPCs, and would love to hear suggestions or opinions on the topic based on the point allocations found in 6E1, pp.438-440. I realize that some individuals may buck trends, but I'm looking for fairly generic people here. To kick off:

Generic Cop / Thug / Military Soldier: Average Person or Noteworthy Normal?

I'm guessing that an elite cop (SWAT) would probably be one stage up from whatever a generic cop is, ditto elite versions of thugs and soldiers. But what about members of highly-regarded Special Operations units, such as Special Forces, GROM, SAS, etc.? Would those be likely to be in the Competent Normal range?

Thanks for any insight!

Re: Hero 6E Heroic Campaign NPCs, GM Opinions Appreciated

Hello folks, long-time lurker, very occasional poster here. Some background: I normally run Heroic-level campaigns with a strong emphasis on hashing out the details on generic NPCs. Starting to move into running a short-to-medium-length modern/near-future campaign centered around criminal organizations.

Due to change in points between 4E, 5E, 6E, I'm still wrapping my head around how many points to assign to non-named NPCs, and would love to hear suggestions or opinions on the topic based on the point allocations found in 6E1, pp.438-440. I realize that some individuals may buck trends, but I'm looking for fairly generic people here. To kick off:

Generic Cop / Thug / Military Soldier: Average Person or Noteworthy Normal?

I'm guessing that an elite cop (SWAT) would probably be one stage up from whatever a generic cop is, ditto elite versions of thugs and soldiers. But what about members of highly-regarded Special Operations units, such as Special Forces, GROM, SAS, etc.? Would those be likely to be in the Competent Normal range?

Thanks for any insight!

Well going by the 5E Dark Champions: Special Forces/SEALs and other elite soldiers would be in the Heroic category(175-275pts) those packages/templates were expensive when you started putting them together.