Question about Multipower allocation

ajackson

Question

I found this section unclear:

A character can change the way his Multipower reserve points are distributed or allocated as a Zero Phase Action. However' date=' unless the GM permits otherwise, he may not distribute or allocate reserve points more than once in a Phase. For example, he could not allocate reserve points to a Teleportation slot at the beginning of his Phase, make a Half Move with Teleportation, then re-allocate points to his Blast slot and attack with the Blast — having allocated his reserve points once already at the beginning of his Phase, he cannot change that allocation until his next Phase (or unless he Aborts to do so in a later Segment).[/quote']

Now, the rule as written suggests that, if during phase 1 I used my multipower to teleport (allocating points), during phase 2 I would be able to teleport (no allocation required, as it was already allocated), change my multipower to blast, and attack. However, the example suggests that this isn't legal. Which understanding is correct?

1 answer to this question

Re: Question about Multipower allocation

The rule doesn't suggest any such thing. If a character has Teleportation in a Multipower, and at the beginning of his Phase he Teleports, by definition he's allocated his reserve to Teleportation and thus cannot re-allocate the reserve later in that Phase. There's no such thing as "no allocation required because it's already allocated" -- if you use a slot, that's allocation.