Medusa's hair (and other seeming art/text discrepancies between Cryptic and HG)

Epiphanis

The supercriminal Medusa has undergone several variant iterations in Champions Universe lore, but the most recent one has confused me. In an earlier edition, she was an old crone. By the time of 5th Ed., she was made younger but given crazy-long dark hair. When Champions Online came out, Cryptic gave her a makeover. In the game itself it appears that Medusa is bald but that her head is enveloped in a corona of what appears to be transparent energy tendrils tinted the magenta color that appears to be their default color for "psionic energy." In Cryptic's out-of-game illustrations of her, her 'hair' appears similar but appears more solid and physical, but still defies gravity and seems to writhe in the air (perhaps being real hair but reacting psychokinetically to her mental energy?) On the cover of the upcoming PnP Villains book her hair appears perfectly normal other than the freaky magenta color, which in my opinion makes her look too indistinct from the similarly made-over Mind Slayer. So far none of the text clarifies this.

I have decided that the bald Medusa with "psychokinetic energy hair" is my favorite interpretation and will use it in my campaign, but I'd like to know if Hero Games has a canonical statement regarding her hair.

While on the subject, I'll throw out some more cosmetic discrepancies I'm curious about:

Is 6th Ed HG Menton still the 5th Ed handsome suave dude or the Cryptic-version fashion disaster with the massive wrinkled bald brain-lobes? I see his sister Mentalla looks the same as her hot 5th Ed self.

Why did 6th Ed "Champions Universe" text still describe Mayte Sanchez as having brown hair when the illustration used for her used the Cryptic redesign's silver tresses?

What's up with Istvatha V'han's varying appearance? If we get to vote, I like the white-haired quasi-elfin appearance with the cheek dots from 5th more than the black-haired dotless chick with the ugly gold headdress that she apparently ripped off Mechanon's earblades to make.