All Kinds of stuff

whitekeys

Re: All Kinds of stuff

Well, luckily I managed to convince him to not be a parasitic alien life form, but instead, I let him be an AI construct within a robot body, since that fits much better into the Cyberpunk campaign setting. It's going to work in much the same way, in that he can take over other things... they just have to be computers and robots. It's created a number of problems.

It's tough making the AI into a character. I let him build his robot body as a Vehicle, and I'm making sure that certain powers that are the ability of the AI or the robot get spent with the appropriate character points. Any suggestions on how to make this work?

1. AI's don't have any vision. How would I make a power that just let him use the vision modes of which ever computer/robot he happens to be inhabiting?

2. Can we define the AI as having a physical body, that being a small computer chip? I thought it would be appropriate if there could actually be a change that he dies, if the computer chip gets lost and crushed or something. It's also the means that his teammates plug him into various computers so that he can hack them from the inside. Mostly I think it would be cool if he got lost.

3. How should I enable him to take over other robots? Assuming he gets plugged in, I mean.. there could be any number of varying situations in which that could happen, but assuming he has to "fight" for control... should it be a Mind Control power? Or a simple Computer Programming Roll?

4. How should I run computer vs. computer battles? If he comes up against another AI construct in a mainframe computer.. how should they duel it out?

More questions later ;)