WW 2 soldier Templates

romanwarriro109

I'm new the the Hero system and looking for some templates. Does anyone know if there are some existing character templates available for World War 2 Soldiers? Specifically German soldiers? Looking for regular army, SS, officer, grunt, I think you get the idea....

I would even settle for a generic template that I could edit :D

Thanks!

Re: WW 2 soldier Templates

What sort of genre? Golden Age Superheroes is different from Inglorious Bastards. Either way you want teamwork' date=' some stats, a few KS, PS, and some CSLs[/quote']

I was thinking just normal, run of the mill guys... Along the lines of pulp era or shortly after... like inglorious basterds types..

It's also going to depend on the group and the kind of game you are running. Some will tout the abilities and training of soldiers immensely, some will make them look like pretty run-of-the-mill grunts/cannon fodder. So you could go anywhere from slightly above human average physical Characteristics plus a Membership Perk to near super-human skills, Perks describing exact rank and status, and combat abilities to make gods and anime martial artists jealous. I'm not a big fan of making soldiers supermen, but some do.

Another thing that I am pondering... Are there general weapon templates for this system or is it more of a "build it yourself" like with mecha and other vehicles?

I suspect that the Hero System Equipment Guide will have what you're looking for. Was it in layout at last notice? Not too far from release, anyway.

The aforementioned Pulp Hero has 5th Ed stats for weapons of the 1920s and 1930s; the point values may change for 6E, but it should be pretty close.

My question was more about what sort of role they should be playing in the game. A game about soldiers where soldiers are the primary threat, has much more badass soldiers than a game about superheroes who punch nazi supervillians and clear rooms of mook soldiers at a time.

Do you have access to the 6th ed books?

My question was more about what sort of role they should be playing in the game. A game about soldiers where soldiers are the primary threat' date=' has much more badass soldiers than a game about superheroes who punch nazi supervillians and clear rooms of mook soldiers at a time.[/quote']

I see.. The soldiers would be the proverbial "stormtrooper" for the most part. Generic cannon fodder to throw at the heroes. They do need to pose some threat though too... so unlike the stormtrooper need to be able to aim their weapons.

The heroes too are soldiers, but more of the super soldier type. The PC's are hand picked from the ranks for their superior abilities to create an uber elite group of soldiers to go on missions that don't exist. These guys aren't necessarily supermen and women, just people that excel at soldiering, and some hold the capacity of magic use. There are also aspects of mutation, lycanthorpy, vampires, sprites, and other mythical creatures.

Basically, take the WW2 setting and throw in some wacky Nazi experimentation with genes, ancient magic rituals, possibly some alien goodness too :D

Do you have access to the 6th ed books?

I sure do! I've got 6E1 and 6E2.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/81552-WWII-Hero?daysprune=365

That is the thread Tenebre posted and has some links and write-ups.

Didn't see any actual soldier write-ups but might be some buried in the links.

Keep in mind that generic soldiers / mooks are sometimes better written up with just the pertinent information:

DEX 10, SPD 3, BODY 12, STUN 25, END 20, REC 5, PD/rPD 12/6, ED/rED 10/4, OCV / DCV 3/3; Attacks 6d6 HTH, 1.5d6k Autofire Machine Gun (4 clips 30 charges), 2d6k Explosion Grenades (x2), +2 with Ranged Combat, Teamwork 11-

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/81552-WWII-Hero?daysprune=365

That is the thread Tenebre posted and has some links and write-ups.

Didn't see any actual soldier write-ups but might be some buried in the links.

Keep in mind that generic soldiers / mooks are sometimes better written up with just the pertinent information:

Excellent! Thank you so much! This is right up the alley of what I was looking for! Thanks for the link! I will put this to some good use! :thumbup: