Desolid Duplicating

Naanomi

Question

If a Desolid character (say... always desolid or innately desolid) has a power to Duplicate a 'completely altered' solid duplicant... does that power need 'Affects the Physical', or is the vulnerability of the duplicant itself, along with the cost boost from altered, enough to cover it?

1 answer to this question

Re: Desolid Duplicating

I’m not entirely sure I understand the question, so I’m going to rephrase it so everyone knows what I’m answering. If I haven’t addressed your actual question, please post a follow-up. ;)

Q: Can a Desolidified character who has Duplication create a Duplicate who’s solid and can affect the physical world, or does this require some Advantage(s)?

A: Whether to allow a Desolidified character (be he permanently Desolidified, or just able to attain that state whenever he wants) to create a solid Duplicate is up to the GM. Generally speaking the safest course is not to allow this unless the Duplication is bought with the Affects Physical World (+2) Advantage. But if the GM feels that it won’t hurt game balance and the character’s not doing it in a deliberate attempt to avoid the restrictions imposed on him by Desolidification, he can allow it without that Advantage.