How to Make: Uncontrolled Super-Strength

ashuramarsh

Hi all,

I am looking for a way to make an uncontrolled strength like that of A-ko from Project A-ko. The character would need to wear bands to keep strength to a controllable level, but if those bands were lost then the characters strength would be uncontrolled, probably max strength only, etc.

So what I am looking at is this: The character buys a normal strength of 60, usable at all times and under control. But wants to have a strength pf 120, which acts like A-ko's. So the character must have these armbands to keep strength down to 60.

I thought of some sort of suppression, but not sure how best to make it all work, so just looking for some suggestions.

also, this kinda of goes hand in hand with cyclops and surge of the x-men.

Re: How to Make: Uncontrolled Super-Strength

Something like:

60 STR (base)

Uncontrolled Strength: +60 STR, Side Effects (poor control / causes collateral damage, side effect always occurs)

Physical Complication: If bands are lost, Uncontrolled Strength must be used, Rare, Significant

For how much the Side Effects are worth, it depends on just how uncontrolled that Strength is. Are we talking "sometimes breaks a door trying to open it", or "can't even pick something/someone up without destroying it/them".

Likewise for how severe the Physical Complication counts as.

Re: How to Make: Uncontrolled Super-Strength

APG I 142 has rules for "Removing Limitations".

Asuming the 60 STR has something like "Uncontroleld:

60 STR - 50 Real Cost

A-ko Strenght factor: 40 STR, 0 END, Always On (-1/2) - 40 Real Cost

Buyoff: "Always" On Limitation from A-ko Strenght (20 AP), OIF (Bracers, -1/2), 13 Real Cost

You might need 0 END on that extra STR, or he might exhaust himself quite quickly.