MYTHIC HERO Kickstarter

Steve Long

Howdy Herophiles!

I'm proud to announce the launch of my first HERO System-based Kickstarter project: Mythic Hero!

You can go to Kickstarter and pledge your support here: Mythic Hero Kickstarter.

My goal is to raise $33,000 in pledges by April 2 to write, lay out, and publish the book. (You can visit my website [see link below] for a precise cost breakdown, if you're interested.) I'd really appreciate any support you can offer!

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Kickstarter, here's how it works. Kickstarter is a form of "crowdfunding," in which people such as yourselves offer their financial support for a creative project to see it completed. You can pledge as much as you want, from $1 up to any amount. At certain pledge levels (such as $10, $25, and $50), there are special "rewards" you get for backing the project. For example, for the MH Kickstarter, pledging $25 gets you a PDF of the book and thanks in the credits, while pledging $75 gets you all that and a copy of the hardcopy printed book.

When you pledge to back a Kickstarter project, no money is taken from you unless the project reaches its full funding level. If it fails to reach its goal (in the case of MH, $33,000), then no money is taken from anyone and the project doesn't see the light of day.

To find out more about Mythic Hero. please visit the Mythic Hero page on my website.

Thanks!

Re: MYTHIC HERO Kickstarter

Kap -- the shorthand description is that it's a book covering world mythologies for roleplaying. In addition to character sheets for gods, heroes, and monsters from mythologies both well-known (Greek, Norse, Chinese...) and more obscure/unusual (Slavic, Etruscan, Armenian, Maori...), it will cover the various cosmologies, magic systems, and whatnot for each mythology. There will also be information on how to use gods in your game, how characters interact with gods, and mythic roleplaying in general.

There are links in my post above that will lead you to the Kickstarter page (which has a more extensive description, and links to my own website where you can find out even more info).

• 1 month later...