Fairytale Hero

Shadowsoul

Re: Fairytale Hero

So....your players want... reality mixed in with their fantasy hero? ;) I *love* the idea of a fairy tale campaign. Wishes are great, what about luck? A lot of the truisms that get taught through fairy tales hinge on luck. It seems to me that you could make that as a basis for some of the powers the characters would have. Replace some magic with luck. That way, you can get lucky when you need to just like in a fairy tale.

Re: Fairytale Hero

A good point; Luck and Combat Luck could help humble peasant lads to compete with martially trained knights and princes.

What kind of magic would you replace with luck? How would it work?

I am thinking the character doesn't call on it as much as the player would recognize the opportunity. Then it would be a power of a certain type and should play just like any other power. This would let you build a charmed life for a character where the character never knows about the magic. Something like combat luck for the Prince fighting Maleficent.