Traveller Hero: Renaissance Weapons

AlHazred

So, my players went to planet Bicornn/Glisten (2331 Spinward Marches), which is listed as having a Renaissance technology level. The native race is constantly at war with the human settlers (more or less). I wanted the natives to have weapons which were useful but also appropriate. I settled on making some unusual weapons that kind of fit the tech level while still being interesting enough to give the players pause. I post them here for comments.

I basically want5ed to give the planet a whimsical air without destroying canonical science fictional bits already in the campaign. Please note that these weapons are built under my system, which gives weapons levels of Armor Piercing to represent the advances of higher technology. In general: crossbows and black powder weapons get AP, percussion cap weapons APx2, modern firearms APx3, gauss weapons APx4 and so on. Corresponding armor is given levels of Hardness: maximillian plate and reinforced chainmail get Hardness, flak vests get Hardnessx3, advanced polymers Hardnessx4 and so on.