Takes No Stun and Absorption as a Defense

I was wondering if the Defense cost tripling of having Takes No Stun applies to the Absorption Power with the 'As a Defense' modifier. If I understand Absorption properly, it isn't completely a PD/ED granting power.

I was thinking about making a robot that absorbed electricity based energy attacks, or an undead that absorbed unholy magic energy attacks.

Re: Takes No Stun and Absorption as a Defense

I was wondering if the Defense cost tripling of having Takes No Stun applies to the Absorption Power with the 'As a Defense' modifier. If I understand Absorption properly, it isn't completely a PD/ED granting power.

I was thinking about making a robot that absorbed electricity based energy attacks, or an undead that absorbed unholy magic energy attacks.

Let's first take another ruling from the APG II:

If a Automaton with Takes No Stun equips an armor, the effect of the armor is dvided by 3. So a Skeleton with a 6rPD Armor only get's +2 rPD. But everyone else getting that item get's the +6.

Second important things is that this defense only works as long as you can absorb. If you reached your limit for that segment or your absolute effect, no defense is provided (or only those points that are left against that attack).

From that point of view, I would say divide the Defense provided from that Absoprtion by 3 as well. But you should really ask steve Long over here:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/3-HERO-System-6th-Edition-Rules-Questions

Because I think it's one of those questions never asked before.

Personally, I go with the "Divide PD/ED by 3, instead of increasing cost" method for everything. It works a lot better for powers like Growth, where the other effects shouldn't be any more expensive.

Personally' date=' I go with the "Divide PD/ED by 3, instead of increasing cost" method for everything. It works a lot better for powers like Growth, where the other effects shouldn't be any more expensive.[/quote']

Think the same way. Makes the math easier.