The Zodiac

Beazulbob

Back in high school, I made a character named The Zodiac. He had a huge MP with 12 slots. Each slot was to represent one apsect of the zodiac (naturally enough), with literal and metaphysical abilities.

Aries weilded a great big sword

Aquarius granted control of water

Taurus granted physical might and a charge attack

Gemini was duplication and martial arts

Sagitarius was the bowman

Times have changed, as is a legal build. I was thinking about rebuilding this character and thought I'd canvas the crowd at herogames for what they think would be a good interpretation.

Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces

Re: The Zodiac

Some initial thoughts

Aries – goat swordsman

Taurus – bull charging speedster

Gemini – twins duplicating martial artist

Cancer – crab hvy defense & claws

Leo – lion fire sign/powers

Virgo - virgin earth sign/powers

Libra – scales density

Scorpio – scorpion poison touch

Sagittarius – centaur w bow bowman

Capricorn – half goat/fish mentalist

Aquarius – man w jug air sign/powers

Pisces – fish water sign/powers

5th edition - so far: 150 pt mp, unified (1/4), 14- to switch slots (1/4), 1/2 phase to switch (1/4).

Aries: +25 strength, +10 con, 3d6 absorb phy (stun), 15/15 armor, 2d6 hka 0 end

Taurus: +10 strength, +6 dexterity, +5 constitution, 13/13 armor, 4d6 ha 0 end, +11 run x8 non-cmbt

Gemini: +9 dexterity, 255 pt duplication, easy recombine (0 phase), 5d6 HA 0 end, 10/10 FF end to start

Cancer: 10/10 mental/power def FF end to start, 12/12 armor hardened, +35 strength, +4 constitution

Leo: 12d6 fire bolt red end, 2d6-1 HKA off dmg shield end to start

Sagittarius: +6 running, 4d6 RKA, full missile deflect, 7/7 armor, +10 strength, +9 dexterity

Capricorn: 10/10 mental defense power defense FF end to start, 6d6 ego bolt, invis to sight end to start, sight/hearing/mental aware images 8 hex end to start

Wow! This write-up takes up 6 pages - way too complicated for what little the character actually does. I could do a multi-form 70+20 points to cover 12 forms.... Ugh. I like the concept, but this doesn't seem to be a character that forms a decent write-up. Come to think about it, I think I never played the original for the same reason. Sigh

Each was a compound power, and when done it came to 6 pages. Part of the problem was the limits on the MP repeated on each power within the compound powers, making each entry thick. I did think about making him a multi-form, but then I'm looking at 24 pages! I think the concept is fun but just too 'thick' to apply.

Loses the versatility, but I'd do it as a Multiform. No control over change, form available depends on the current Zodiac sign.

One month in each form, covers the full year. He won't step on any toes of the other PCs, still offers a variety, and adds a real meaning to his name.

I was hoping to be able to change form more often then once a month. I've had PCs with 12+ slots to a MP, but none with slots this complicated. Wanting to build this character is driving me nuts. I managed to squeeze the original version on a single side of a character sheet, though I wrote rather small to fit it all on that sheet.