Killing Attacks with AVAD Does Body

psyber624

Question

There is a question in another thread about purchasing rMD and there was some discussion regarding when it would be needed. The one question I cannot find a clear answer to in the rule books is if you purchase a Killing Attack with both AVAD (MD) and Does Body (for a total of +2 advantage).

1. If you do this do you need resistant MD to protect against the BODY damage? or would regular MD apply against it?

2. If you do need rMD to protect against the BODY damage of the above attack, If you instead bought the AVAD as applying to rMD, would that only affect the STUN damage? IE now BOTH STUN and BODY are prevented by rMD? Or would you then need DOUBLE resistant MD to prevent the BODY?

1 answer to this question

Re: Killing Attacks with AVAD Does Body

It depends on how the AVAD is bought (and thus how much it costs). As you can see on the table on 6E1 325, "Mental Defense" and "Resistant Mental Defense" are two different entries. If the AVAD is bought as requiring Resistant Mental Defense, then that's all that applies. Non-Resistant Mental Defense doesn't apply at all, not even against the STUN damage. (Some GMs in some campaigns where things like Killing Attacks versus Resistant Mental Defense are common may wish to change this rule to make such attacks consistent with regular Killing Attacks.)

I think that answers your questions; if I missed something please post a follow-up.