Questions about Non-FREd Martial Arts Maneuvers

melessqr

I've got a character in my Campaign that's taken a couple Martial Arts Maneuvers that appear in the Hero Designer program (v1.47) but aren't in FREd. I have a couple questions about them:

Joint Lock Throw: There is an NND Component. What is the defense?

Passing Throw: Has FMove, does this require the Martial Artist to Full Move? Is the velocity of the Target figured into the calculation, or just the velocity of the Martial Artist?

Thanks in advence.

Melessqr

Re: Questions about Non-FREd Martial Arts Maneuvers

Originally posted by melessqr

I've got a character in my Campaign that's taken a couple Martial Arts Maneuvers that appear in the Hero Designer program (v1.47) but aren't in FREd.

They are from The Ultimate Martial Artist, a book I would highly recomend for any campaign.

Joint Lock Throw: There is an NND Component. What is the defense?

"The defenses against this include Resistance, Having rigid armor on the joint in question which prevents improper bending, Powers with a similar effect (such as Stretching), or STR double or more than that of the STR used to bend the joint. In some cases the Talent Double-Jointed may have the same effect." UMA p148

Passing Throw: Has FMove, does this require the Martial Artist to Full Move? Is the velocity of the Target figured into the calculation, or just the velocity of the Martial Artist?

"A character can perform [this] maneuver during or at the end of a Full Move instead of just a Half Move. (This does not mean it's a Zero-Phase Action; if performed after a Half Move or no move at all, it counts as a Half Phase Action.)... [This maneuver] does not have to take place at the very end of a character's move. However the GM should treat this aspect... carefully and not allow players to abuse it; most attacks... should take place at or near the end of the attacker's full move." UMA p93

"[This] maneuver... gets a damage bonus based on the relative velocity of the two combatants. "Relative" velocity means the relationship between the velocities of the attacker and his target - sometimes they add together, sometimes they cancel each other out... Even if a character only makes a Half Move, his velocity counts as if it's his full movement speed, becasue charcters can accelerate to their full running speed with a Half Move." UMA p97