Slings and arrows

Pegasus

I seem to remember reading somewhere an idea for an archer character that involved buying the arrows (or arrow multipower) with no range, and then buying the range through the OAF: Bow. The net effect was that someone could use an arrow in HtH combat. Or something like that.

Inspired by this, I’ve been fiddling with a slingshot wielding character, but I’ve got what I think is an interesting new take on the idea. Tell me what you think.

Multipower: Slingshot Ammo

*OIF (Ammo)

*Range based on STR (-1/4)

+30(?) STR

*OAF (Slingshot)

*Only to determine throwing power (-1)

*Only to throw items of appropriate size and shape (-1/2)

*Gestures (Both hands)

I think that this reflects the true purpose of a slingshot accurately, and would allow picking up a pebble or coin or superball to fire according to normal throwing rules.

There are other modifiers for both items, but these are the important ones. What do you think? Kosher? Comments? Concerns? Queries?

Re: Slings and arrows

Originally posted by Crisis

I seem to remember reading somewhere an idea for an archer character that involved buying the arrows (or arrow multipower) with no range, and then buying the range through the OAF: Bow. The net effect was that someone could use an arrow in HtH combat. Or something like that.

Inspired by this, I’ve been fiddling with a slingshot wielding character, but I’ve got what I think is an interesting new take on the idea. Tell me what you think.

Multipower: Slingshot Ammo

*OIF (Ammo)

*Range based on STR (-1/4)

+30(?) STR

*OAF (Slingshot)

*Only to determine throwing power (-1)

*Only to throw items of appropriate size and shape (-1/2)

*Gestures (Both hands)

I think that this reflects the true purpose of a slingshot accurately, and would allow picking up a pebble or coin or superball to fire according to normal throwing rules.

There are other modifiers for both items, but these are the important ones. What do you think? Kosher? Comments? Concerns? Queries?

I think you're on to something.

One of my favorite players to game with built one of the best Champions characters I've ever seen played on the archer concept with the arrows in an OIF MP and the range in the OAF bow.