Lost Protectors/BMOG Toys Hero 4th edition RPG thread

Mathew Robert Ignash

Since Play With This Too gave me permission to write a RPG suppliment for their Lost Protectors toy line, I started working on it. As the status of the toys is uncertain for the moment, I was told I could publlish some of the material here.

The Lost Protectors universe his a mid to high point Hero setting. The main characters are 300-600 point heroes who wear space armor and have Tech Drone sidekicks. The villains are an assortment of baddies from low point level cannon fodder to 700 point mega villains who would require several heroes to challenge.

My character sheets are written in 4th edition hero rules, and saved on my custom PDF documents generated with the old Heromaker 2.5 software.

You can also find it on my Champions RPG gaming site here (recently moved because they are shutting down Comcast web pages!)

http://mattcave.fcpages.com/

The first two characters for this story the heroic Astroblast and his trusty sidekick R-Brand.

Astroblast, leader of the Lost Protectors - http://mattcave.fcpages.com/PDFs/ASTROBLA.pdf
R-Brand, Astroblast's Tech Drone - http://mattcave.fcpages.com/PDFs/R-BRAND.pdf

Here is an explanation of the character sheets for Astroblast and R-Brand. It's based on my reading of the bios for the characters from Play With This Too and the description Rik Alvarez gave me, along with me filling in the blanks, asking the authors for thumbs up or down when I had ideas.

Astroblast was described to me as a hero from a family line of heroes, who trained (and was assumed) become one of the elite Strikers, like his father, and his father before him. Sadly he let the family down and failed to bond with a Striker Aegis armor and ended up having to serve in the Protector instead, a normal grunt. The common Aegis armor is a living weapon which which bonds with one owner until his death. It can be brought out of sub space, summon it's weapons, extends the lifespan of the one who wears it, and unlocked his inner power as the "Lord of the Living Lightning"... (gee maybe he was always meant to bond with this armor eh? That's why the other armor rejected him...) For personality, Astroblast honestly believes in using his powers to fight evil, and is a good, honest young leader, like a young Optimus Prime.

I wrote Astroblast up as a skilled normal with military and science training. I ended up giving him many of the skills of a Striker, since I figure he started the training as one. His armor can be summoned with Instant Change, and he has a Elemental Contro l for the powers that are almost always available (armor, flight and immunity to electricity) as well as a Multipower for all his weapons, and a package deal for the rest of the abilities granted by the armor. These range from Density Increase (he's big and bulky in the armor), to stat increases and universal translator, radio. Astroblast can fly. The authors described him as flying with Iron Man (jets in the hands and feet). The armor has a built in homing beacon which can be read by other Aegis armors and tech drones. I modeled this on the Adept disadvantage from the Mystic Masters supplement.

His follower R-Brand is a 3 foot tall robot who turns into a space jet looking thing. I made up the "Hector Class" name just to keep the different molds of Tech Drone easily identifiable, it's not official. I also made up the motto, just to give him a little verbal personality as an eager go-getter. Essentially though he's a happy little follower who just is eager to please Astroblast in all his duties (the writers has said they didn't plan to give the heroic Tech Drones much personality, but I thought I motto wouldn't hurt). He's vaguely sentient but his motivations are always to do what Astroblast wants, and he has little initiative beyond following orders. He has blasters in his fists (think GoBots), can fly, he can also act as armor or a jet pack for another character (his Usable By Others advantage!) He's particularly useful as a scout, with tracking skills and telescopic vision. He has a universal translator and radio. To simulate his computer glitching if he gets damaged I put a Berserker disadvantage for when ht takes a lot of damage. If he gets too damaged, he might temporarily just start attacking things at random. He's also vulnerable to magnetics.