Power questions for Steve

Greg K.

Question

Steve,

I had a few questions regarding a few powers.

Desolidification

When using Desolidification to simulate Invulnerability to an attack type (e.g., Electricity), would an Electrical based Energy Blast with the power advantage Affects Desolid affect the character with Desolidification (only vs. Electricity)?

Power Defense

Magic Resistance" Power Defense (magic only). Does a player still need to buy PD,ED, Flash Defense, and Mental Defense all with the limitation Magical attacks only for attacks based on these sources?

How much would a limitation "only vs. Teleport and Extra Dimensional Movement with the useable against others" be worth on Power Defense to simulate a "Spatial Anchor" power?

Thanks.

1 answer to this question

1. Yes. The Affects Desolidified "trumps" the Desolidification here, regardless of how the Desolidification is defined.

2. Yes. Power Defense does not take the place of things like Flash Defense, regardless of how it's defined. I suppose you could, if you wanted, come up with "Special Effect Defense" that covered all forms of attack, but that could prove unbalancing.

3. I'd give that a -2. Those are attacks that hardly ever occur. If they crop up frequently in your game, maybe you should reduce it to -1 1/2.