A SG-1 Look and Feel

Caveman

Hey everyone,

I am in the process of running a new campaign for Hero. The genre is set in the sg-1 universe. The Hero's are a specialized team the go through the Gate on Special Missions. There are some other things they would do but, this is the general focus. My question is... does anyone know of any resource sites that might help with some of the renditions of sg-1 in hero? :confused: It's a 250 pt campaign. Thanks.

:)

You might want to have this moved to the Star Hero forum...

Gates are mentioned/outlined in Star Hero, if you're running anything Hero Sci-Fi this is a must have. Also covers some time travel stuff (another subject of SG-1), Psionics, ships, aliens, worlds, atmospheres, and a plethora of simply useful tidbits. The templates are really useful and you will find they cover the gamut of many sci-fi settings.

The Terran Empire has a parasitic race (benevolent) that could be utilized to help create those worm-parasite-god aliens.

Fantasy Hero could help describe or create some of the elements found on the other worlds.

Do you have the new d20 book for SG-1 (AEG makers of Spycraft)? This book could prove to be a valuable resource even though it is not in the Hero system. It is usually fairly easy to convert ideas from any system into the Hero system anyway, as long as you shoot for the "gist" of it and not insist on mimicking the exact GAME mechanic from the borrowed source. The challenge of mimicking game mechanics is not impossible, but my group and I have found that mimicking game mechanics instead of quantifying effects makes the implementation clunky, unnatural, and more difficult to play. Just something to consider when trying to emulate the setting.

This might help break down the task of quantifying Hero for SG-1 if you can’t find the resources you are looking for.

1) Make a list of the elements you want represented for the setting.

2) Determine which ones will actually need to be quantified via game mechanics and which ones simply represent the flavor of the setting.

3) Determine if elements you want quantified mechanically are already represented in a published work (like Star Hero, The Terran Empire, Fantasy Hero, or the Spacer’s Toolkit) and “borrow†those descriptions/write-ups.

4) Determine which game elements are important to have detailed immediately and which ones can wait a little longer (if your list seems daunting…).

Another quick question, why did you go with 250 points? Would a Heroic campaign (150 points) not cover the bulk of what we see on the show? Not detracting from it, simply curious.

Hope something here helps…

Originally posted by Farkling

Maybe he's looking for a feel more like the Ultimate Stargate or Stargate Infinity cartoon...whatever it's called....

It was higher powered, but horrid!

I'd run SG-1 as a heroic game also...look at all that requisitione equipment...

Primary weaponry, backup weapons, rocket launchers, tends, alarm systems, limited hazmat gear, rations...

Add up to a lotta points if you have to pay for equipment. Though I might recommend giving each character an 'equipment pool' based on rank and stuff, that they could possibly increase by putting character points into it (say, on a 1-for-5 basis?). That way, you can have the 'basic mission equipment' that costs nothing, but anything extra comes from your personal points, allowing for customised stuff, extra supplies, etc.

But that may be getting a bit rulesy.