Effectiveness Rating - Multiforms?

zornwil

I'm sure this was answered, but how are Multiform characters done in terms of Effectivess Ratings? I understand it's easy enough to do the ER for each form, but what if you want to combine that into an overall player-character ER? I would think it's something like take the most effective form and add some incremental portion (like 1/10 for the first form, 1/20 for the second, etc., , but entirely unsure where that would fall) for each other form, but obviously don't know.

EDIT - hmmmm and what about Followers?

Guest Keneton

Re: Effectiveness Rating - Multiforms?

Originally posted by zornwil

I'm sure this was answered, but how are Multiform characters done in terms of Effectivess Ratings? I understand it's easy enough to do the ER for each form, but what if you want to combine that into an overall player-character ER? I would think it's something like take the most effective form and add some incremental portion (like 1/10 for the first form, 1/20 for the second, etc., , but entirely unsure where that would fall) for each other form, but obviously don't know.

EDIT - hmmmm and what about Followers?

Multiform was not coverd in the original ER. I avoided the issue altogether for obviuous reasons. I also did not address followers but have an answer for each.

1. The ER generally rates abilities phase for phase. Each form would be rated with the highest rated counting. I

EX: If animal man's ape form rates at 96 while his cheetah form rates at 83.7; use the ape form as the characters rating.

2. If the change takes a full phase or more; Under capabilities add 1 for an ability for ANY form.

From the text:

*Capabilities: Check each ability that applies, each counts as 1. Ranged Attack ___, Energy Attack ___, Ego Attack ___, Adjustment Power(s) ___, Transformation into anything___, Reflect any attack (for missile deflection) ___, Area Effect or Explosion ___, Autofire combined with Area Effect or Explosion ___, Affect Solid World Attacks ___, Flight ___, Teleport ___, Tunneling ___, Extra-Dimensional Movement ___, Movement powers with extra non-combat multiples or megascale movement ___, Indirect Targeting sense ___, Regeneration (this type of healing not counted above) ___.

Check every ability that applies even if triggered by only one power. An 8d6 fire EB, AF [5], AE 1 Hex; triggers three separate categories by itself. Count regeneration as 1 regardless of amount or level of regeneration. Missile deflection only counts if it reflects at the 20 point (any attack) level. Transform only counts here (it could count under Most Effective Attack) if the transform is into anything.

EX: If Ultraman is really a GUTS agent in his normal id and changes to Ultra man he would be rated for ranged attack, energy attack, AE Explosion, Flight, Tunneling, and Megascale Movement in GUTS form as well.

3. If the change takes a zero phase action rate the highest in all categories regardless of form.

EX: If Dragonball Z's Trunks can become an ascended saiyan at will. . When doing so his strength, all damage, and defense raise to tremendous levels, but his DEX is decreased. Rate the highest dex along with the higher values and rate the ascended saiyan form.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Followers and summons are another matter altogether. Here are a few general principles.

1. All followers must still meet ER standards set by the GM. Summons (especially in Fantasy) may be exempt from this rule.

2. If the followers ER rate as 1/2 or less the main character, do not rate the followers.

3. If the highest rated follower rates more than 1/2 but less than the ER of the leader rate as follows.

Add 1 for 1 follower, 2 for 2, 3 for up to 4, 5 for up to 16, 6 for up to 32 and so on up the double chart.

4. If the follower rates highers than the leader rate as multiform 1 phase or greater.

Hope this all makes sense.

Bob Pennington

ER Digital Hero #3.

PS: another method would be to raet summon and/or follwers as Continous Powers, but that might be a little too harsh!

:)