Good day. I’m a little confused about the rules on changing SPD.

1) The rules state that a character can voluntarily change SPD, but cannot act until both SPD values “would have had” a phase. So just to clarify, let’s take an example. A character changes his SPD on segment 2 from 6 to 3. That means he would have had a phase at both SPD values on segment 4. So does he act on segment 4, or segment 8?

2) Does the same procedure apply if a character’s SPD changes due to an Adjustment Power?

Thanks!

1. He can act in Phase 4, as indicated by the first paragraph of the example in the right-hand column on 6E2 17. To put it another way, a character who voluntarily changes SPD using the optional SPD changing rules on 6E2 17 cannot act until both his original SPD and his new SPD would each have had a Phase. (The two SPDs don’t have to have the Phase on the same Segment, as shown by the second half of the 6E2 17 example.)

2. Yes — in fact, as noted on 6E2 17, you must use the “optional” rules in situations where a character’s SPD changes due to an Adjstment Power.

I think that covers everything you asked, but if not please post a follow-up or PM me. Thanx!