Running a RWBY game sessions since July 2021

Utensil

I been running a campaign in the World of Remnant, which is the world that RWBY is set in. If one not familiar with RWBY one can simply go to Rooster Teeth and check it out.

I love RWBY because it has elements of Super-Powers called which are call Semblances.

Nearly all Melee weapons are also a Gun.

All character names are colors, make you think of a color, sounds like a color, or means a color.

Characters are loosely based on a Fable, Legend or Myth ... et cetera.

The one thing that most difficult is fully defining Aura ... as related to characters in show it is a force field (resistance protection), Stun, Regeneration to some degree (fairly low level), Recovery (Jaune and Hazel come to mind), Endurance and lastly Body. I just inform my players that each of these attributes are an aspect of "Aura" instead of just trying to make one super characteristic. 

The Aura (force field) effect I have written up seems to be working fairly well and written as follows:  

Aura - Defense:  Resistant Protection (12 PD/12 ED) (Protect Carried Items) (46 Active Points); Aura Damage ** (Aura Reduced by 2 PD/2 ED for each 5 points of Stun Character Takes, Each Post 12 Aura Replenishes 2 PD/2 ED; -1/2), Costs Half Endurance (-1/4)

** Aura Damage is something I came up with as a limitation to show how Aura breaks: Mid-break (shimmer when it drops to 6pd/6ed or less) and final break when no force field at all). Naturally this is an Ad-Hoc limitation I created to help represent how aura seems to me how it works in the show. 

Wonder if others have other ideas how it be better explained or such.

I run the game on Saturday mornings from 11:30 am 2:30 pm EST (baring Real-Life events that prevent such).

The game is set in the world of Remnant, just after the fall of Atlas (Season 8 of the series)

While the campaign is not Cannon, I strive to keep it as close to flavor/feel of RWBY (Cannon Adjacent !?).

The players roleplay their original characters that they created.

I use Champions Complete for the game mechanics.

I do not insist the players know the game system, just role play the character.

I ask many questions of the players to help create a balance character.

I use Discord and Theater of the mind as I am not Super Tech savvy.

The players are to abide by a few rules:

• Characters cannot be Maidens of Seasons.

• Do not know magic.

• Do not serve Salem or evil agenda.

• Do not personally know cannon characters (but may have meet them in class or lunchroom or what have you).

• And characters will not be in Vacuo (but may have come from there).

• Abide by knowing that the kingdoms still are in need of huntsmen and huntresses from Grimm, bandits and other surprises and thus not rush off to Vacuo.

While currently the group on Saturday Day is fairly full (5 players) I been thinking of expanding to either Friday Night (or even Sunday) twice a month. 

Naturally I am wondering if anyone else is running a RWBY style campaign using Hero Game system. 

Sorry for the long post and not even sure I placed it in the correct portion of the forum.

^