Naked Advantages and Usable on Others

Dain

Naked Advantages seem to elude my comprehension. What I'm wanting to do is create two AoE powers. First is an AoE power that grants penetrating to ranged killing attacks by guns up to 30 AP for those in the aoe. Penetrating is a +1/2 and let's make the AoE and Usable By Others at a cost +1/2 for the sake of the exercise. As I understand it, the cost would be 30pts for this power. I'm not sure it is possible to gift advantages to others in this way.

The second is that I want to create a field where any magic cast by anyone can gain a Variable Advantage up to 30 AP. Is this feasible?

Thanks for any feedback.

For the first one...

Naked Advantage: Penetrating (+1/2) for up to 30 Active Points of RKAs, AOE (4m Radius; +1/4), UBO (+1/4), Constant (+1/2)

Naked advantages have 2 sections.  The naked part...that's what applies to the other powers.  Here, it's just Penetrating, applying to RKAs.  A naked advantage is itself a power and it has a base cost, so the rest...the AoE, the UBO, and the Constant are just standard modifiers on a power.  Per 6E1 314, a naked advantage has a duration of Instant, so you need the Constant.

For the spell booster...the only difference is that Penetrating would go to Variable Advantage, mechanically anyway.  Maybe tweak to the AoE.  The bigger concern is whether it's balanced...which is enough of a problem on the first one.  These are slapping a LOT of extra punch to a potentially significant number of attacks.