Hero Designer (6e) - Skill Combinations?

SilvercatMoonpaw

They're not included because the combinations are just suggestions for making the combos, for when the campaign doesn't want to sink that many points into skills.  The options are too diverse to include in HD;  note that the suggestions include both standard 3+2 skills based on a characteristic, and the background skills, and setting up a custom Enhancer...which, they suggest, might include non-background skills.  I'm not sure that's even doable in HD without some code changes.

And the applicability seems fairly narrow, so the effort/benefit ratio doesn't seem particularly favorable.

How I'd do this in HD would probably depend greatly on what the combo was.  Simplest case?  Athletics has Acro, Break, and Climb...all DEX skills.  OK, buy one, then just edit the Name and Display lines.  Cat Burglar has Climb, Lockpick, and Secur Sys...DEX, INT, INT.  If the DEX and INT are the same, and likely to stay the same, you can do the above.  If not, then just elaborate in the Display line.  Won't update neatly, unfortunately...but that's true with a Custom Skill too.  I'd use a Custom Skill when you're combining normal and background skills, probably.

17 hours ago, unclevlad said:

How I'd do this in HD would probably depend greatly on what the combo was.  Simplest case?  Athletics has Acro, Break, and Climb...all DEX skills.  OK, buy one, then just edit the Name and Display lines.  Cat Burglar has Climb, Lockpick, and Secur Sys...DEX, INT, INT.  If the DEX and INT are the same, and likely to stay the same, you can do the above.  If not, then just elaborate in the Display line.  Won't update neatly, unfortunately...but that's true with a Custom Skill too.  I'd use a Custom Skill when you're combining normal and background skills, probably.

I thought I'd just use the Custom Skill selection under the Skills tab.