Megascale

Hugh Neilson

Question

OK, I read the FAQ (sorry; I should have started there), but I'm still confused. [Phys Lim - Doesn't Get It 11-], so I'll rephrase the question [Psych Lim: Stubbornly Tenacious]

The FAQ on megamovement indicates:

A: A character can stop “in between,†but the minimum distance he has to move is equal to 1â€, whatever his MegaScale defines 1†as equalling. In the 1†= 10 km example above, he’d have to move a minimum of 10 kilometers. He could move 11, or 20, or 34, but not 5 or 8.

That's inconsistent with the discussion of the Teleport Booth which stimulated my prior question. I'm guessing the FAQ is correct (and there's a lot of technician overtime hours logged to make the Teleport Booth useful on smaller bodies ;) ).

The FAQ also makes frequent reference to the need for megascale senses to make most effective use of megamovement. I understand the logic, and the mechanics of buying a naked advantage on, say, my 25 point Everyman Sight Power. Technically, shouldn't mean the character needs to buy Sight - Megascaled (+1/2, say) at 38 points, rather than just the 13 point advantage, to also be able to see at non-mega ranges? Maybe this extra cost has been handwaved for simplicity?

[Of course there are lots of examples where the character has the movement, but not the senses - the Hulk's megaleap comes to mind.]

1 answer to this question