Understanding Animal Followers

BobGreenwade

Question

This is sort of a follow-up to something already in the FAQ (quoted below); I just want to make sure I'm understanding it correctly.

Q: If an animal, person, or other being that a character wants to buy as a Follower has points not accounted for by its Base Points and Disadvantages -- in other words, it has "Experience Points" or some other sort of bonus points -- do those points count as "Base Points" for purposes of buying the being as a Follower?

A: Yes. For example, consider an animal built with 75 Base Points, 60 points’ worth of Disadvantages, and 15 "Experience Points" for a total of 150 points. To determine its cost as a Follower, add the "Experience Points" to the Base Points, yielding 90. Then divide that by 5, which means the creature costs 18 points as a Follower.

So I have this Sholarron with four animals: a Terran cheetah (HSB 144), a Xenovore battlebird (HSB 212), a Mon'dabi hunting lizard (HSB 203), and the traditional Sholarron primate (using the character sheet for a gorilla; HSB 165). Of these four, the one with the highest number of points (Base Points plus listed "Experience Points") is the cheetah, at 75 + 99 = 174. That would come to 35 points as a Follower; +10 points gives three more Followers for a total of four, so my Sholarron has the four animals for 45 points. Is that correct?

1 answer to this question