find weakness and entangle

BoneDaddy

Question

Find Weakness applies to attack powers. Entangle is an attack power. I have a player working on a character with a glue gun. The character is a good shot. It seems plausable that there are better and worse places to shoot someone with a big ball o' glue. My trouble is I can't figure out how to reduce an appropriate defense by half. Would it be best to take it on a case by case basis?

Example - Marshall shoots a brick with the glue gun - reduce brick's strength by half for purposes of breaking out. This represents good shot placement.

Example 2 - Marshall shoots a blaster with the glue gun - reduce blaster's WHAT? The appropriate defense appears to be strength ONLY for a glue gun. If it was a Human Torch type character, I don't think any kind of shot placement could miss the flame. If the damage shield's special effect invloved a swordsman's remarkable skill, then good shot placement could reduce that damage sheild's effectiveness.

Am I thinking about this right?

Whaddya think?

Have I missed some obvious chapter in my book? (Just got it for X-mas. Finally replaced my crumbling BBB. I like the improvements.)

1 answer to this question

Glad you're enjoying the book!

Find Weakness halves defenses, and since Entangle does not specifically have a "defense," Find Weakness can't be used with it. If you as GM want to allow it anyway, I leave it to you to devise appropriate rules. ;) (Though I'll keep it in mind for a HEROglyphs column, too. ;))